Friday 6 May 2011

Peonies and Peanuts

This morning I had a three hour private class with Ruth Drennan who makes the most stunning cakes (click on the link for her website) and is an expert in making sugar flowers. She showed me how to make a peony - one of my favourite flowers - and for a first attempt I am very pleased with it. I have to wait for the peony to dry before I can dust it with colour, so for now she is "naked". Frankly I wish I looked this good naked.




Ruth was absolutely lovely and gave me a host of tips on where to buy baking equipment and ribbons in New York. If/when I max out my credit card, I will have her to blame. She and her assistant Lauren also told me about some great places to visit here for cakes and pies, which I look forward to trying.


On the way home I bought some groceries and spotted this little fella amongst some familiar Green and Black faces.
Green and Black milk chocolate with caramelised peanuts and sea salt. If anyone sees this in the UK, please can you let me know? My bar is already half demolished.

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
    Bakery Equipment

    ReplyDelete