Sunday 18 September 2011

Salted caramel macaroons

Last month I mentioned that I had my eye on  a certain Mr Salted Caramel. Yesterday I finally made my move as I had a carton of egg whites that needed using. Heh, that old excuse. Works every time.

Initially I wasn't sure it was going to work out for us. The mixture seemed too wet and the piped macaroons wouldn't form a skin. 

Oh ye of little faith! Just as some were once sceptical at the choice of Daniel Craig as James Bond and then he turned out to be to-tal-ly lush,  my macaroons turned out splendidly: smooth, good-looking with a hard exterior but soft on the inside. 

I wasted no time sealing the deal and made salted caramel to sandwich them together. I wondered about decorating them with shimmer, or a dragee, or a small pair of pale blue speedos, but they needed no adornment. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon treat.


Let's just hope they don't let me down by marrying Rachel Weisz. 
The name's Caramel. Salted Caramel.


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these look gorgeous! I am still gearing myself up to trying to make these, the great British bake off has put me right off!

    ReplyDelete